A 72-year-old Ohio man was discovered deceased Friday in a room at the Super 8 motel in Georgetown.
Paul Douglas Nier of Ohio, was in town visiting relatives, said Georgetown Police Officer Steve Hess.
Nier was scheduled to check out Friday morning, said Scott County Coroner John Goble. When the morning cleaning crew entered the room they found him deceased in the bed, Goble said.
Indications are the man had been dead for about two days. The cause of death is suspected to be a drug overdose with multiple prescription bottles on the nightstand, Goble said.